CATS: Cycles Analysis Timeseries Software

For discussion of how to use the Cycles Research Institute' own Cycles Analysis & Time Series software.

CATS: Cycles Analysis Timeseries Software

Postby RayTomes » 05 Aug 2010, 05:22

For more info about CATS (Cycles Analysis Time Series) Software or to download and try out CATS which is free, see http://www.cyclesresearchinstitute.org/cats/index.shtml

CATS is a system for storing many time series with different time bases including yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, hourly and many more. It comes with hundreds of collected time series from around the world, including both scientific and market data such as climate, astronomical, geophysical, economic, commodities, prices, and much more.

CATS can analyze series and determine cycles periods and phases precisely, and has many functions for manipulating data such as arithmetic, logs and transformations. It also includes mutivariate techniques like correlation, regression, factor analysis and other tools that are useful for model building for economics, climate and in general studying the causal pathways by which cycles are transmitted.

catslogo.png
CATS software
catslogo.png (3.73 KiB) Viewed 12263 times
RayTomes

Re: CATS: Cycles Analysis Timeseries Software

Postby RayTomes » 05 Nov 2011, 07:11

decypher wrote:What about new releases? :)

Thank you!!!

There is one more release of CATS to come. It has a number of improvements but I have not yet done the updates to the manual. I have been rather slow at getting this out. Also we should be having more CATS seminars some time. Again, I have been tardy. Hopefully some time I will get better organized.

As to further CATS releases after the next one, it depends on having a suitable programmer to work on the code. My previous one has moved on to other things. The next release does have a function that allows user written code to be added so that special macro functions can be developed. The one other big thing that might happen some time is for someone to write a nice GUI interface. That is a possibility.
RayTomes

Re: CATS: Cycles Analysis Timeseries Software

Postby RayTomes » 05 Nov 2011, 21:07

decypher wrote:Thank you Ray for such great news. What kind of seminars it is going to be? (video tutorial?)
In my own opinion CATS doesn't need any GUI the command line interface still great...
though adding command history to it would make it perfect.

Wasn't the =Fn option improved to save time series with datetime included?

Thank you!

Yes, video tutorials with audience participation.

All versions of CATS already save command history in a file called catslog.txt

About =Fn saving date/time ... I think it can (not sure).
RayTomes

Return to CATS Software