"Best Cycles"

Cycles in anything that really doesn't fit elsewhere

Re: "Best Cycles"

Postby RayTomes » 06 Sep 2012, 06:33

Scotty, I cannot find any mention of a 65 year cycle on page 143. Can you please check that reference.

Dewey's cycles predicting things far ahead is also my own experience. In 1986 I used a number of stock market cycles and concluded that a crash would occur in about August/September 1987, and it happened in October. A few years later when I learned about the Foundation for the Study of Cycles, I got Dewey's 1960s cycles and ran them forward. It also predicted the 1987 stock market crash. Amazing!
RayTomes

Re: "Best Cycles"

Postby RayTomes » 07 Sep 2012, 09:39

scottyg71 wrote:...
Ray, I would be very interested to learn more about your study of the 1987 cycle event and how you calculated it with your data - very interesting indeed and yes, it is amazing!

I doubt that I can find my calculations from 1986. However the cycles that I used for Dewey are published in the 4 Volume set "Cycles Classic Library Collection". However when I look in the index there are a huge number of articles. The one, as I remember it, had a list of cycles with the periods and dates of maxima (or minima) and probably the amplitudes.

You can probably do even better now, using CATS and using the monthly S&P (series 110 in monthly).
RayTomes

Return to Other