Physicists find hints of a light Higgs boson in LHC data

All branches of physics except WSM

Physicists find hints of a light Higgs boson in LHC data

Postby RayTomes » 25 Jul 2011, 21:55

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2011/07/hints-of-a-light-higgs-in-lhc-data.ars

"... For the most part, the observed data (again, a solid line) is very close to that predicted by a Standard Model background that doesn't include the Higgs (within the green and yellow bands). ..."

"... There is a small excess of events in the 130 to 150 GeV range in both detectors. ..."

There is also a peak at around 250 Gev which they do not mention.

In 1994 I wrote about the Harmonics Theory explanation of stable particle and isotope masses. Masses are directly proportional to frequencies, the primary domain of Harmonics theory. I presented the following diagram and wrote "The atomic number 266 is shown. We know that the factor 19 is due to occur just above a proton, and so it is no surprise that 266 (which is 2*7*19) is vastly more stable than surrounding isotopes." Note that the ratio 17 occurs below a proton and above an electron as mass ratio of p/e = 1836 = 2^2*3^3*17.

Code: Select all
                         (1)
                         / \2
                        /  (2)
                       /   / \2
                      /   /  (4)
                     /   /  3/ \
                   7/ 11/  (12) \
                   /   /      \2 \
                  /  (22)     (24)\
                (7)    \2       \2 \
                  \2   (44)     (48)\5
                 (14)    \2          \
                 /  \2   (88)        (20)
              19/  (28)                \2
               /      \2               (40)
             (266)   (56)

What is the mass in Gev of an atomic number 266 atom? About 250 Gev. According to Harmonics Theory, such an energy is expected to be more stable that other surrounding energies.

Incidentally, the strong harmonic 144 multiple of a nucleon (3*48 shown in diagram) is an energy of 135 Gev matching the noted peak.

I think that it may be possible to map the standard model onto the various prime ratios in the Harmonics Theory.
RayTomes

Return to Physics & Geophysics